Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Austraaaaaalia!

Last week I arrived back from 2 weeks in Australia. I bought the ticket about 3 months ago, thinking it would be incentive to write faster, so that I could go back, submit, go to unigames, party for 2 weeks, learn to surf - the whole shebang! Unfortunately I didn't finish writing in time :( But, since I had the time booked off, the plane ticket, and a desperate need for 2 weeks of uninterrupted work on my thesis, I decided to go anyways.

The trip had a lot more library and a lot less party than was originally intended, but there was still a lot of awesomeness: I got the first-class upgrade BOTH WAYS! so no jetlag and lots of sleep. I have the structure and content of my first 5 chapters approved in general (just need to finish writing them now...), I wrote the intro and lit review to completion, and I still went to UniGames! And we won silver! And after 9 soccer games in 5 days, my knee is still great. So all in all, a HUGELY successful trip back. Here are some shots of the team, after having won silver, and on 80's night:





Day 6 - A book you either couldn’t finish or struggled to.
The God of Small Things

1 comment: