Sunday, May 15, 2011

plot(Thesis+Hockey=Double_Win!)

Dan & I went to watch the hockey game over at the Old Pro in Palo Alto, since I don't have a tv and he no longer gets ComCast. I took my laptop along because I had a Matlab issue and was going to get him to help me. So I pull out my laptop at the first intermission and I'm like "Dan. Ok, how do I do this graph thing in Matlab?" and then these two guys down the table perk up and say "Oooh! is that Matlab? Can I help you?" So random recent mech eng grad from Princeton wrote me up a Matlab program to make my graphs in about 5 min.

Things I have learned from this:

A) I totally would be finishing my thesis faster if I worked on it in bars, not coffee shops or libraries
B) You could probably totally pick up guys looking for computer help
C) I learned how to do some graph programming stuff

And the Canucks beat the Sharks 3-2! Win all round!

No comments:

Post a Comment