Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Cottage Time!

I just had a glorious two weeks up at the family cottage. I haven't been up, except for May 2-4 opening weekend, in probably about 8 years. It was fantastic! I went up on a Saturday with Nat, Little, and Little's friend Darius. Bob and Old E met us up there. The first 3 days were glorious dock weather, and the next 3 were stormy. There was a great lightning storm one night, and the next was a great fishing night. Here's a shot of the Big One that Bob caught, with Nat's help on the net, and which Bob, Darius' dad and I all ate later that night :)

Bob and Nat headed back to Waterloo on Thursday morning, dropping me in Baysville to do some work on the start-up company at the library. After that, I walked the 9km back to the cottage. Then Saturday I did it all again so that I could go to a renewable energy co-op meeting at the senior centre, walking both ways this time. So training for Wyoming is a check! The Saturday night, Paul had me over to his place for dinner with Mrs. Prince, and it was a lovely evening with great conversation.

Mom came up to the cottage Sunday with Honey. We had a nice, relaxing time. Here's a couple good photos of Honey on the dock. She had quite an impressive rock collection this year!


The weather was great. We saw some people surfing. On Lake of Bays. Yes. There's a surf shop at the end of our street now. It's funny, but works, turns out.


No comments:

Post a Comment