Sunday, November 20, 2011

Boston & Occupy Harvard

So work recently sent me out east to do the factory acceptance test (FAT) of our new laser that I picked out a while back. I was staying in Lowell, just outside Boston. It was really nice to be out east in the fall - I'd forgotten how pretty it truly is.

The laser stuff went alright - I was worried at the start of the week, there was a lot wrong with the software, but by the end of the week it was quite good.

We went out for Italian one night - drove in past Boston Gardens, checked out Little Italy, Paul Revere's house, John Kerry's house. Boston is a really nice little city. Friday night I met up with Randy & his girlfriend in Cambridge. We went for Indian, did some catching up, the walked past Harvard. We couldn't go in, because they'd locked the gates due to the Occupy Harvard protests that had happened earlier in the month. This is Randy's gf at the locked gates to Harvard:



Also prevented students from getting out. We could see students on campus walking up to the gate, getting confused 'cause it was locked, then having to turn back, I guess to search for some other way out.

Day 21 - The book that made you look at life in a different way:
The Alchemist

No comments:

Post a Comment